Sacrament of Initiation
There are a few things to be aware of as you consider scheduling a Baptism at Assumption Parish.
The parents must be registered parishioners of Assumption for a minimum of 6 months.
The parents and godparents will be required to watch a brief video and participate in a Baptism Class.
There will be registration paperwork necessary to file at the parish office. Also, a date needs to be established and the Celebrant chosen by the parents.
Baptism is the first of the seven sacraments received and also in priority, since the reception of the other sacraments depends on it.
In Baptism we are called to be Priest, Prophet and King.
The Sacrament of Baptism has six primary effects, which are all supernatural graces:
• The removal of both original sin and personal sin.
• The remission of all punishment that we owe because of sin, both temporal and eternal.
• The infusion of sanctifying grace; the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit; and the three theological virtues.
• Becoming a part of Christ.
• Becoming a part of the Church, which is the Mystical Body of Christ on earth.
• Enabling participation in the sacraments, the priesthood of all believers, and the growth in grace.