Child Faith Formation
CHILD FAITH FORMATION is your compass to the Catholic Faith
What is Faith Formation:
Faith is defined in the dictionary as something that is believed especially with strong conviction. Faith is about complete trust, clinging to something for which there is no proof.
Faith is the realization of what is hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1
Formation is defined as an act of giving form or shape to something. Scripture tells us that God is the potter and we are the clay. God creates us and forms in his image and likeness.
Under the direction of the Archdiocese of Denver and Fr. Brian Morrow, we at Assumption Parish participate in the mission of the Church to proclaim the Good News, grow our relationship with Jesus, and celebrate the Sacraments. We are One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.
To do this, we offer Faith Formation classes, programs, events, liturgies and various other opportunities for our congregants of all ages and stages of faith. We currently offer classes for adults and children preparing to receive their initiation sacraments. Over time, we plan to add more exciting and dynamic possibilities to help us on our journey of faith. Please see our class offerings and prayerfully consider registering for a class or joining our team of catechists to help yourself or others grow in faith.
If you are new to our parish or have not been enrolled in our classes previously and wish to receive registration information, please contact LINDA BLINCOW, Director of Faith Formation – (303) 288-2442, ext. 132
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Community offers Faith Formation/Religious Education Classes to those in our communities that are ready for sacramental preparation and continued growth.
- 1st grade students preparatory for Confirmation & First Holy Communion (2nd grade)
- Restored Order: 2nd/3rd grade students preparing for Confirmation and First Holy Communion. This is a two-year program. Starting in second grade, students learn about Salvation History and Reconciliation. In the second year of their formation, students learn about Confirmation and Eucharist and complete their initiation sacraments.
- Students beyond the 3rd grade who have not been confirmed – Confirmation
- C.I.A. for Children/Teens – This process of initiation into the Church is for children who were not baptized as infants and who are of sacramental age. They are initiated into the Church – BAPTISM, CONFIRMATION, and FIRST HOLY COMMUNION, through the RCIC process
- C.I.A. (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) – For adults interested in becoming Catholic or if you were baptized as a child but did not receive the Sacraments of Eucharist and Confirmation
Registration for classes occurs in the late summer, August, and classes begin in September. Please watch the bulletin for details.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. – Mt 28:19
Instructors: Volunteers for class instructors 18 years and older are required to complete a “Child Safety” class. These “Child Safety” classes are available in our parish.
Assistants: Students in 9th grade and older and parents are always welcome to assist in our classes.